IDGC of Centre — Voronezhenergo division performs electrical energy delivery for manufacturing and agriculture, social infrastructure and population of the Voronezh region — the largest region in the Central Black Earth Region.
IDGC of Centre — Voronezhenergo division performs electrical energy transmission and distribution for manufacturing and agriculture, social infrastructure and population of the Voronezh region — the largest region in the Central Black Earth Region.
The beginning of the development of power industry in the Voronezh region can be considered November 19, 1899, when the first in the city of Voronezh power plant with the capacity of 300 kW was put into operation. In order to further develop the Voronezh power industry pursuant to the order of Commissariat of Heavy Industry «Voronezh power complex» was organized in 1935. From this date the formation of the Voronezh power industry began. The Voronezh power grid was connected to the power grid of the European part of the Unified Energy system of the country on December 30, 1959. The start of the first unit at the Novovoronezh nuclear power plant in 1964 allowed to begin intensive electrification of districts of the region with the construction of interoperable, transmission and distribution power lines and substations
December 11, 1992 Open Joint Stock Company for Power and Electrification «Voronezhenergo» was registered. From April 2005 the company was in the service area of IDGC of Centre and North Caucasus. March 31, 2008 «Voronezhenergo» merged IDGC of Centre as a branch.
The main activities of Voronezhenergo are electricity delivery and new connections to the grid of the division.