Replica of the Victory Banner took place of honour in the museum of the branch of IDGC of Centre, JSC —  “Kurskenergo”

23 June 2010

Action organized by IDGC Holding, JSC for the purpose of immortalization of people’s feat in the Great Patriotic War and as an expression of descendants’ thanks to victors got wide support of public of 11 regions of Russia. Tver, Belgorod, Orel, Bryansk, Yaroslavl, Lipetsk, Kostroma, Tambov, Voronezh, Smolensk — everywhere participants of war, veterans, workers on the home front, power engineers and residents of cities honourable greeted symbol of the Victory of soviet people and its armed forces over Fascist Germany.

Representatives of Administration of the region and city, Mikhail Bulatov, Hero of the Soviet Union, Chairman of Kursk Regional Public Organization of veterans of war, labour, armed forces and law-enforcement authorities, veterans of war and soldiers-internationalists, Chairmen of Councils of veterans and trade union committees of branches of IDGC of Centre, JSC, veterans of power systems of the Centre of Russia, representatives of the Council of Youth  of the Unified Distribution Power Grid Company of Centre, power engineers of Kursk participated in solemn ceremony of the Banner Handover in Kursk.

Opening meeting devoted to finish of Handover of the Victory Banner and handover of historical relic to the collective of the branch of IDGC of Centre, JSC — “Kurskenergo”, Viktor Ablyozgov, Adviser General Director of IDGC of Centre, JSC, noted: “Symbol of the Great Victory demonstrates  intergenerational continuity and unbreakable bond with heroic past of our country. The Victory Banner which will take place in the museum of Kurskenergo is the great symbol of bravery and patriotism of the Russians”.

Vladimir Skrynnikov, Chairman of the Council of Veterans of IDGC of Centre, JSC, brought in the Relic Replica to the strains of Countermarch. He noted that the Victory Banner is not only the holy relic but also the important state symbol. This is the day of profound respect for the past of the country, aspiration honourably to eternalize memory for those who died for liberty and independence of our Motherland. And it is symbolic that the Relic would be kept on this particular Kursk land wherefrom exclusion of Fritz began. Vladimir Skrynnikov handed over the Banner to Dmitry Bozhak, Chairman of the Council of Veterans of the branch of IDGC of Centre, JSC — “Kurskenergo”.

“Our fathers and grandfathers bravely struggled at the fronts of the Great Patriotic War, and after the Victory they laid the groundwork for contemporary power industry. We remember this and order our children to remember to whom we are indebted for happiness of peaceful life. I am proud of that the Replica of the Victory Banner will be placed in our museum”, — Alexandr Pilyugin, Deputy General Director — Director of the branch of IDGC of Centre, JSC — “Kurskenergo” emphasized.

Participants of the auction held a moment of silence in remembrance of soldiers who died during the Great Patriotic War years. After the floral tribute to memorial stela “Kursk is the City of War Glory” and monument to Georgy Zhukov the Replica of the Victory Banner accompanied by the file of employees of Kurskenergo was transferred to the building of the branch and set on place of honor in the museum of history of power industry of Kursk region. Guard of honour has been guarding the Banner till the end of the day.

Representatives of the Council of Youth of Kurskenergo performed with military patriotic staging “Zhuravli” in assembly hall of Kurskenergo, front songs were sang by the best artists of the region to veterans. The official ceremony finished by common photography near the main military relic of the country.

For reference:

Historical and memorial Handover of the Victory Banner started on May 5 in the Central Museum of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation where the Replica of the Victory Banner erected above the Reichstag in Berlin in 1945 was handed over to Viktor Ablyozgov, Adviser General Director of IDGC of Centre, JSC.  Nearly two months the Banner has been contining its way in the regions where IDGC of Centre operates.

Solemn ceremony of Handover of the Replica of the State Relic took place in Belgorod near the memorial “Zvonnitsa” in Prokhorovka field, where in summer 1943 the greatest in history tank battle had taken place. In Orel the Banner was greeted in city military and historic museum the main exposition of which is devoted to Orel-Kursk struggle and sanguinary battles for liberation of Orel in July — August 1943. Residents of Smolensk region which is the Motherland of Mikhail Egorov, sergeant of the Red Army, who had erected the Banner above the Reichstag in 1945 had peculiar feelings of pride, immersiveness at the moment of Handover of the Banner. The memorial “Kursk Salient” where action finished had been erected in honor of 55th anniversary of Kursk struggle which had turned the Great Patriotic War around completely.

Back to the list

Сообщение о хищении электроэнергии